Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapting WebPlayer to Google Play Books

Hi David

The good news: Google Play Books invited me to join. "We are inviting a limited number of new publishers to sign up for the program, including you."

The not so good news: "I have heard from the engineers and they mentioned that you have used ".js" file in the EPUB. This is currently not supported by Google Play Books along with interactive epub which is also not supported at this moment. You may refer to this Help Center Article for detailed information on EPUB implementation: https://support.google.com/books/partner/answer/3316879 "

Is there any adaptation / conversion of the ePub file and /or web player that can be made so that the ePub file generated for iBooks will also work for Google Play Books?

What adaptation is necessary from Google Play Books so that the TigerCreate ePub file works in their system?

Thanks again for your help
    Best Regards
    Richard

Hi Richard,

the only eBook formats we currently support in TC are iBooks and Amazon Kindle KF8.
    You are probably referring to the standard EPUB 3 format for eBooks.
    This is not supported in TC as our focus lies in illustrated content and interactivity.

Best David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

So is it possible to use the ePub file produced for iBooks in a simplified version for Google play books, using only the screenshots like in KF8?

I'm still struggling to share the iBook files with windows PC users and the only way so far that I've found is to export in HTML and open the file with the Firefox browser. Do you know of any other way?

Thanks again for your patience with my ignorance.
      Best Regards
      Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
        Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

So is it possible to use the ePub file produced for iBooks in a simplified version for Google play books, using only the screenshots like in KF8?

I'm still struggling to share the iBook files with windows PC users and the only way so far that I've found is to export in HTML and open the file with the Firefox browser. Do you know of any other way?

Thanks again for your patience with my ignorance.
        Best Regards
        Richard
        Hi Richard,

Regarding your first question:
        no, currently it's not possible. At least not in a way that I'm aware of.

Second question:
        Yes, hosting it on a Web Server so that it can easily be opened with any browser.
        Do you maybe know a guy who can help you with that?

Best
        David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for your reply

No I don't know anyone that can help me with that.
          I would appreciate help in this regard.
          Any suggestions?

Thanks again
          Best Regards
          Richard

Comment

Hi David

So using HTML, does the web host do something to the file that facilitates the opening of the file no matter what browser is used?

Because the web hosts that I’ve contacted say they do not touch the book file and that they upload and download the exact same file when passing the file along to a new reader…..

For example my website is hosted by Wix and their approved App Selfy (to sell digital goods online) states "Sellfy supports all static file formats. This means that everything goes, as long as the customer can download it directly onto their computer or device.

Consequently with this approach, the emphasis shifts to how to open the file. And therefore, which browser opens the file becomes important….This is where I’m stuck.

Thanks for any suggestions you have
            Best Regards
            Richard

Comment

Hi David

I’m hoping Hostwinds as a web server source will help facilitate the distribution of the exported HTML5/WebGL book files to most all Windows PCs and to most all of their browsers.

Hostwinds (https://www.hostwinds.com) offers managed VPS (very personal servers) on either Linux or Windows servers.

What pertinent information can I offer Hostwinds about the HTML5/WebGL book files or the TC2WebPlayer that will help them?

Is the TC2WebPlayer considered Plug and Play?

Would you be willing to be contacted directly by a Hostwinds software engineer to answer any questions about the TC2WebPlayer or the HTML5/WebGL book files?

David, I’m hoping I found “my guy” in Hostwinds to help with the server next step.

Thanks again for all your help
              Best Regards
              Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

as mentioned earlier we can't give you any support regarding the web hosting itself.
                My advice from here would be to get in touch someone (for example a freelancer) who knows how to program and set up small websites.

The structure of TC2WebPlayer itself is nothing special, just a folder that will be added to your webspace and addressed (for example) via mysite.com/TC2WebPlayer

Best
                David

Comment

Working...
                X