Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Player does not open HTML file in "windows-based" computer

Hi TigerCreate support

What is the best way to open an HTML file in a "windows-based" computer? The message we receive is: Include the TC2 Web Player in an iframe via: <div style="position:relative; width: 100%; height: auto;padding-bottom: 75%"><iframe style="position:absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width:100%; height:100%" src="TC2WebPlayer/index.html?language=EN" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0"></iframe></div>

I thought the TC2 Web Player came with the HTML file....
    Please let me know how to include the TC2 Web Player (or another player like an mp4 player) so that I can share my books with window based computers.

Thanks for your help
    Best Regards
    Happy New Year!
    Richard

Hi Richard,

Happy new Year to you too!
    Did you study the Readme file that's included in the folder when publishing for web?

What exactly did you try to do and at which point did you get stuck?

Best
    David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for your reply

The web player works in my apple computer except there is no page turner arrow available...

The main problem is the message:

Include the TC2 Web Player in an iframe via: <div style="position:relative; width: 100%; height: auto;padding-bottom: 75%"><iframe style="position:absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width:100%; height:100%" src="TC2WebPlayer/index.html?language=EN" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0"></iframe></div>

appears in our windows based computer when I try to transfer an HTML file from my apple computer.
      In the windows computer there appears to be no readme file, only _MACOSX in the line above the TC2WebPlayer line.
      When I click on_MACOSX, the TC2WebPlayer line appears in its place.
      Then on the next page a line that reads "browser incompatible".
      This opens a new window that reads "your browser or operating system is incompatible." with a "link" to currently supported browsers and operating systems.
      When I click on this link a new page reads "file not found"

The windows based computer has the chrome browser and is Web/GL compatible and so.... this is where I'm stuck!

Thanks again for your help
      Best Regards
      Richard

Comment

Hi David

To follow up on the previous posts, I have studied the readme file that comes with the book file after publishing in the apple computer. I was reminded to do this first by translating the HTML section of the TigerCreate manual. This reminded me that you are helping me in your second language! Thanks again

In "#5. Known Issues and Solution Suggestions

Web Player or parts do not load:

If the web player does not load as expected, you can check the developer console of your browser for an error message."

So that's how I got to the error message in the previous post above.

Thanks for your help
        Best Regards
        Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

from what you are describing I assume that you are trying to open the Website locally on a Windows PC.
          An approach that should work here is transferring the TC2WebPlayer folder to the Windows PC and then opening the "index.html" in the Firefox browser, which supports opening local websites by default.
          Otherwise you would have to host the TC2WebPlayer folder on a Webserver first. This way it can easily be opened on many operating systems and browsers.

Hope this helps
          David

Comment

Hi David

So "to host the TC2WebPlayer folder on a Webserver first" does this mean, for example, working with a company like sellfy (that advertises selling digital products) would be the webserver?
            Thanks again
            Best Regards
            Richard

Comment

Hi David

As far as exporting an HTML file, consider for example a webserver that only supports uploading png files... Is it better to convert the HTML version of the file directly to png or is it better to convert the epub version of the file directly to png? Is there any difference?
              I really appreciate your guidance on how best to have the Windows PC ebook be identical to the Apple iBook that was created with TigerCreate.
              Best Regards
              Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

sorry for the late reply.

I you want your project to work in a web browser like Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome or Firefox you need to put it on a Web Server.
                This means practically to upload the entire folder "TC2WebPlayer" that's being created on publish to a Web Server you have access to.
                Typically this is done using an ftp client.
                Afterwards you can open the project in the browser with the address of your server, like http://mywebserver.com/TC2WebPlayer

For the basic setup of a Web Server we can't give you any support unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Best
                David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have two remaining issues that I'm hoping you can help with:

a) unlike when publishing in epub in iBooks, when publishing in HTML, the turn arrows disappear so it is necessary to go to the table of contents to turn the page.....with the same safari browser etc.

Above the first page in the demo.html file reads: " Include the TC2 Web Player in an iframe via:
                  <div style="position:relative; width: 100%; height: auto;padding-bottom: 75%"><iframe style="position:absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width:100%; height:100%" src="TC2WebPlayer/index.html?language=EN" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0"></iframe></div>

Will including the TC2 WebPlayer in an iframe solve this problem? If it is worth a try, how best to do this?

b) I'm still stuck trying to get a book published in HTML to open correctly on our windows PC. So far using Firefox (as recommended in the read.me file), I get the same "include the TC2 Web Player in an iframe via" message, only this time the top of the image (about 20%) disappears in full screen mode as well as the turn arrows disappear.
                  So I'm hoping that fixing the turn arrows will also fix the image problem. The Firefox "contributors" are stumped why the image doesn't fit the screen, even though the animations and music and narration all work great!

Thanks again for your suggestions
                  Best Regards
                  Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

a) when publishing for web, are you selecting the same amount of scenes than you did for iBooks? Because this is by default different for each platform.
                    Including the Web Player in an iFrame will not solve this particular problem.

b) if this message is confusing you, try opening the index.html instead. The demo.html only demonstrates the iframe inclusion.
                    The image is cut off because your screen probably doesn't have a 4/3 aspect ratio. On a more "wider" display, like a 16/9 you can influence what part of the scene will be shown by changing the "Safety Zone". This is explained in the TC manual.

Hope this helps.

Best
                    David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for your suggestions.

a) I am selecting the same amount of scenes as I did for iBooks. The page turner cursors do not appear at all in the published HTML version. I can send you the published file of my book for you to see.

b) opening index.html shows the same thing. Is the "Safety Zone" you speak of the same as the 16:9 Important Region that shows up in the scene navigator?
                      If so, then should I offer a notice to my readers that the animations are best seen on a 4:3 aspect ratio screen?
                      ...because the original illustrations for my books are in the 7:6 ratio, which can be squished a little 1:1 for printed books and stretched a little for iPads 4:3. yet 16:9 just cuts off too much. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your help
                      Best Regards
                      Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

a) then maybe it's disabled for some reason in the project settings -> skinning & navigation -> show next / previous navigation button

b) yes, that's what I mean. For now there is nothing you can do as it fully exploits the whole screen on "fullscreen". I'll discuss this issue with the team, maybe we can do something here.

Best
                        David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks again

a) you are right, it was disabled for iBooks because iBooks has their own page turning cursors.

b) thanks for your efforts. Making sure that the entire illustration is capable of being seen no matter what the dimensions of the display would be ideal in my opinion, because the viewer will forgive clear space around the whole illustration verses having the illustration cut somehow. Especially when it concerns illustrations that were created before digital displays were popularized.
                          Please let me know how your discussions evolve. My guess is there are a lot of authors and illustrators that would love to have their printed books made even more special with animations and music and author/narrators.

Thanks for your suggestions
                          Best Regards
                          Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

good news: we just released an update of TC version (2.25) including a new publishing option for a fixed 4/3 aspect ratio.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best
                            David and the TC team

Comment

Hi David

Thanks a lot for your recent update for a fixed 4/3 aspect ratio.

It really maintains the integrity of illustrations created before the advent of super-wide monitors. My illustrator, BĂ©atrice Leclercq and I really appreciate all of your efforts.

I'm hoping this feature will attract many new TigerCreate artists to share their creations.

Best Regards
                              Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X