Web Player not compatible with browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Player not compatible with browser

When I published in HTML5/WebGL, a message appeared "browser incompatible" . Then for iOS Safari... "Your browser or operating system is not supported." Then... " TigerCreate 2 Web Player: Browser Compatibility Matrix.*"... "(1) Videos can only be watched Full Screen"

Would you please explain how to engage this "Full Screen" or whatever needs to happen, so your Web Player works?
    Thanks
    Richard

Hi Richard,

what browser gave you the "browser incompatible" message?
    We'll try to support a wider spectrum of browsers and subversions in the future but everything needs to be tested first.

About the iOS Safari Note:
    this is a constraint that only refers to mobile Safari 9.
    Here inline videos are not supported, they automatically start in full screen.
    Therefore using videos as textures for objects in the scene doesn't work.
    But Apple got rid of this constraint in the Safari versions above.

Best
    David

Comment

Hi David
      I copied the two screens for you to see, when I tried to publish. I bought a new apple computer to specifically run the TigerCreate software, so the browser/operating system came with the computer. This is the first time I've ever tried to
      publish so I don't know what should happen.
      Thanks for your help.
      Richard

"Your browser or operating system is not supported.
      For an overview of the currently supported browsers and operating systems click on this link."

Then this link shows up.... "TigerCreate 2 Web Player: Browser Compatibility Matrix

--> -->
      11 14 52 57 10 44 9 * (1) 58 * (2)
      Legend

= SUPPORTED
      = NOT SUPPORTED
      = PARTIAL SUPPORT

* (1) Videos can only be watched Full Screen "

So after this screen....nothing happens.......

Comment

Hi Richard,

could you please tell me more about your system:

1. What type of Mac and what version of macOS? (Apple in the upper left -> about this Mac)
        2. What browser did you use and what version? (In the case of Safari -> about Safari)
        3. How did you try to open the WebPlayer, did you follow the instructions in the readme.txt?

Thanks
        David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for your patience and your perseverance. The answers to your questions are:

Mac mini with High Sierra 10.13.6 and Safari 11.1.2 (13605.3.8)

When I tried to publish in HTML5/WebGL, the web player did not open and the top line read: "browser_ inc...patible.html."

Then when I clicked on this, the following message appears:
          "Your browser or operating system is not supported.
          For an overview of the currently supported browsers and operating systems click on this link."

And then this link reads:
          "TigerCreate 2 Web Player: Browser Compatibility Matrix.......etc."(that I copied in a previous message, above)

The readme.txt. starts with these instructions. 1. Off Line Test. 2. Supported Browsers 3.Hosting....

I did not follow these instructions because I didn't understand which ones I should follow or if I should follow them at all.

Thanks again
          Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            Thanks for your patience and your perseverance.
            no worries, we are glad to help.
            I made a quick screen recording about how offline testing with Safari works:
            https://www.tigercreate.com/webplaye...ne_Testing.mp4

But for hosting / testing the WebPlayer in other browsers (Firefox, Chrome etc.) it is important to understand the readme.

Hope this helps,

best
            David
            Last edited by David; 2018-07-13, 15:49.

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for your tutorial. I got to my first scene showing in the monitor (just like at the end of your tutorial) yet the scene is stuck with a spinning circle in the middle that never ends.
              I followed all your instructions which did show progress so what more should I do?
              Thanks
              Richard

Comment

Hi David

Following your tutorial again, I published my book to iBooks, which downloaded a file called "ebook_EN.epub" . When I opened the file, two icons showed up in the ibook folder: one with the original cover and one in black with just the title in letters.

The one with the original cover is also stuck with a spinning circle in the middle that never ends just like what happened to the HTML5/WebGL publish attempt.

The one in black with just the title in letters opens to the first scene with hi-lighted text scrolling and music playing and then freezes at the end of the scene and will not advance even after the arrow is clicked. I did include all ten scenes in my book to be published.

Another step in the right direction!!!

Hopefully this helps solve the puzzle.
                Thanks
                Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

this sounds as if one scene is not loading correctly.
                  For being able to help I need to investigate the project on my end.
                  Can you send it to me please?

I've sent you my email in a private message.

Thanks
                  David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks for revision 2.19 which solved the problem!
                    Best Regards
                    Richard

Comment

Working...
                    X