Buggs & questions concerning textblade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggs & questions concerning textblade

Textblade is absolutely brilliant, what a great idea! In can strongly advice any TC-user to make use of it!

(1)
    But yet for some reason I am unable to influence the blade height (we are talking of preview-mode). I attached two screenshots showing the issue. There is no other appearance of the text even if I extend the value up to 70%. I want to display the full text on all devices (or at least as much as possible). Wasn’t there in older versions a functionality allowing that?

(2)
    What possibilities are there with text blade concerning audio? Yet I was only able to start the audio as a start animation. Is there a way to let it start when you click on the text blade symbol? Then I tried to make another text element a child of the text blade. Also this didn’t worked out.

(3)
    When Textblade is opened and I go to another scene it remains open on the other scene with the new text. To me wound be better, if it would be closed on the new scene. Moreover on the following page with the open text blade the „T“ symbol is shown instead of the „X“. This happened on a iOS test build on a test device (See snapshot)

(4)
    On a test device there often occurs the scrollbar even if there is enough space and even if in preview mode there is no scrollbar to be seen.

I've looked into (3) and (4). They are clearly bugs and I will fix them. Andreas will give you an answer about (1) and (2).

Comment

Dear Kevin,

thanks a lot for fixing!

Best regards
      Stefan

Comment

Hi Stefan,

about (1):
        There are still some bugs in the Textblade, we will fix them in the next weeks. Then all should be fine for all devices.

About (2):
        The Textblade audio can only be started at scene start, to keep everything simple.

With the new anchoring system (where you can anchor nodes and images t the sides and corners of the visible screen area (this will be released in a few weeks) you then can build your own custom Textblade using some custom UI elements and a textbox. Then you can add any functionality you wish for.

Best
        Andreas

Comment

Dear Andreas,

thanks a lot in advance for all that!
          I am already looking forward for the update...!

Best regards
          Stefan

Comment

Hi Andreas and Kevin

I am trying to adjust the opacity from 25% to 50% on the background of the Textblade to maintain good contrast for the text and also to maintain transparency so that the background illustration can be seen through the text. In the preview mode this approach works great....yet when I try to publish to iBooks, (using either the standard or TigerCreate Ul) the opacity adjustment is not saved and always reverts to zero. Would you please review this problem?
            Thanks
            And if possible, would you please share a tutorial to build a custom text blade that will solve this problem.
            Thanks Again
            Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

just to be clear about the problem. I assume you did the opacity in the textblade via a transparent image, which you used as a background in the "Scene Skinning" options, right? Our iBooks developer is currently on vacation, but will be back on monday.
              About that tutorial, would like a tutorial about how to change the used graphics in the textblade or a tutorial about how to create the whole textblade by yourself.

Comment

Hi Kevin

Yes I started with a transparent image and added opacity. In the preview mode the TigerCreate software saved the particular opacity setting and this worked fine. When I published to iBooks, the opacity setting was not saved and always reverts to 0 opacity.

The solution I seek is to be able to save the opacity setting. I would also be very interested in a tutorial that explains how to create the whole textblade by myself.

Thanks for your help
                Richard

Comment

Hi Stefan Kevin or David

Is it possible to add an on/off button to the Text Box option?

Is it possible to customize the Text Box option?

Thanks for your help
                  Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                    Hi Kevin

Yes I started with a transparent image and added opacity. In the preview mode the TigerCreate software saved the particular opacity setting and this worked fine. When I published to iBooks, the opacity setting was not saved and always reverts to 0 opacity.

The solution I seek is to be able to save the opacity setting. I would also be very interested in a tutorial that explains how to create the whole textblade by myself.

Thanks for your help
                    Richard
                    Hi Richard,

thanks for pointing that out.
                    This is actually just an issue on the iBooks side, it's already fixed and will be part of the next update of the iBooks tools that will be released by the end of the week.

Best
                    David

Comment

Hi Stefan Kevin or David

Is it possible to add an on/off button to the Text Box option?

Is it possible to customize the Text Box option?

Thanks for your help
                      Richard
                      Hi again,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by Text Box option.. do you mean starting & stopping a Speech Sound that is connected with a Text Box?

Best
                      David

Comment

Hi David

Thanks a lot for the update about iBooks.

What I called the text box is the text option (not the text blade).

I prefer the text option because I want to reduce the text to scrolling one line at the bottom of the page that is reduced to 1/3 to 1/2 of the width of the page. I also want to keep the background of the text transparent to be able to see the illustration as much as possible.

1. Is it possible to create a button/node like the T & X of the text blade option, to make the text disappear while still listening to the narration?

2. I also would like to create a button/node that shows the full text super imposed on the scene that can be turned on and off while the narration and scrolling text continues. This is to be able to see the whole text at one time. How is this possible?

Thanks again for your help.
                        Best Regards
                        Richard

Comment

Hi David

Thanks a lot for the update about iBooks.

What I called the text box is the text option (not the text blade).

I prefer the text option because I want to reduce the text to scrolling one line at the bottom of the page that is reduced to 1/3 to 1/2 of the width of the page. I also want to keep the background of the text transparent to be able to see the illustration as much as possible.

1. Is it possible to create a button/node like the T & X of the text blade option, to make the text disappear while still listening to the narration?

2. I also would like to create a button/node that shows the full text super imposed on the scene that can be turned on and off while the narration and scrolling text continues. This is to be able to see the whole text at one time. How is this possible?

Thanks again for your help.
                          Best Regards
                          Richard
                          Hi Richard,

1. Yes, just give the Text Box an animation or multiple animations with Opacity or Scale Keys to make it fade away / return. Connect this animation with a button afterwards.
                          2. This would only be possible (if I understood you correctly) by having two separate Text Boxes with different settings.

Hope this helps
                          David

Comment

Hi David

Your response helps a lot.

1. I already fade in and out the text box to correspond with the narration. How do I make the text box fade away / return by creating a button?

2. How do I make a second text box appear / disappear by creating a button?

Thanks again
                            Best Regards
                            Richard

Comment

Hi David

Your response helps a lot.

1. I already fade in and out the text box to correspond with the narration. How do I make the text box fade away / return by creating a button?

2. How do I make a second text box appear / disappear by creating a button?

Thanks again
                              Best Regards
                              Richard
                              Hi Richard,

first you maybe should revisit the tutorials on interactivity.
                              TextBoxes can be animated (and those animations connected with buttons) the same way you would do it with Nodes and Sprites.

Best
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X