Published app permissions on Android platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published app permissions on Android platform

While trying to install the apk file on a test device, it asks for permissions to access camera, gallery, and microphone.

I understand this is due to the features that Tigercreate offers (custom recording, AR etc.), but if I do not use these features is it possible to publish in a way so these permissions are not requested?

This is important because parents tend to be careful about the app permissions of children's apps - and that is what we intend to develop using TC.

Can you clarify if it's possible to disable the features/permission requests?

Thanks in advance!

The camera permission is needed for AR and if you don't need it, it should not ask for the permission. I will check this and fix it.
    The microphone permission is needed for the recorder function. If you don't want this we would need to add a feature to disable it.
    Lastly the gallery permission is always needed as we need to copy some files around on Android, because of the limitations of the system. Without the permission the app can't work.

Comment

I just checked and the camera permission is not requested if you don't have AR scenes in your project. There's also something implemented to stop the microphone permission and with it the recorder. Just disable this Publish->Menu Options -> Show Audio Recorder Button

Comment

Thank you Kevin!

I've found out about the microphone (disabling the audio recorder button from publish settings), but my camera permission is still being requested - even though there is no AR scene.

Comment

That's really strange. I assume that you use the most recent Simulator and Mobile Publishing Dataset under Preferences->Publishing->Publishing Tools (1.4.5). What device are you using and which Android version is installed on it?

Comment

There's also the possibility that the problem is with the Android SDK. Which version are you using?

Comment

Sorry about my delay in response. The problem was resolved after the publishing tools were updated. I can not recall the version I was using then, but it was updated twice between that time.

Comment

I've found out about the microphone (disabling the audio recorder button from publish settings), but my camera permission is still being requested - even though there is no AR scene.

Sarkari Result Pnr Status
                Last edited by jhoney; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoney View Post
                  I've found out about the microphone (disabling the audio recorder button from publish settings), but my camera permission is still being requested - even though there is no AR scene. https://vlc.vin https://airlinesreservations.info/
                  having this type of issue with me also any solutions yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X